Browse Items (135 total)

jpg

Interior of an Armenian Protestant chapel constructed of sundried brick on a stone foundation.

Parishioners are seated on the floor, grouped by gender, and separated by a low railing.

jpg

American Board of Commissionersfor Foreign Missions ** one dime annually from each shareholder will pay ******* the running expenses of the vessel ***** This certifies thatLucy M. Harmonis the owner of one share in the NewMorning Star. Missionary…

jpg

Front: "The Morning Star" Sailed Nov. 12, 1866. Reverse: American Board of CommissionersforForeign Missions This Certifies, That ____________________has given the sum of _____ cents, to the Mission SchoolEnterprise, in Foreign Lands. S. J.…

jpg

Jeremiah Evarts was a Christian missionary, reformer, and activist for the rights of American Indians in the United States, and a leading opponent of the Indian removal policy of the United States government. He served as both treasurer and…

jpg

The American Board's foreign mission school in Cornwall, Connecticut (1817-1826), attended by Henry Opukahai'a.

jpg

The Brainerd Mission was a Christian mission to the Cherokee in Chattanooga, Tennessee. It was established by the American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions in 1817 as the Chickamauga mission and later renamed after David Brainerd. It ended…

jpg

The New Testament of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, in Tamil: with references, contents of the chapters and chronology, from the English. [Text and page numbers in Tamil.]

jpg

The Taj Mahal, Agra, India, built 1632-1648 by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his third wife, Mumtaz Mahal.

Tags:

jpg

staff of the Madura mission in southern India:

top row -- Thomas S. Burnell, Horace S. Taylor, Charles T. White
middle row -- Joseph T. Noyes, William Tracy, Nathan L. Lord
bottom row -- John Rendall, Edward Chester, George T. Washburn, William…

jpg

monument commemorating the Haystack Prayer Meeting of 1806, which led to the founding of the American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions

dedicated in 1867