Browse Items (135 total)

jpg

image of Bowdoin Street Church in Boston, ca. 1843 originally printed in the 1843 Boston Almanac as part of a catalog of the churches in Boston at that time The building is currently occupied by St. John the Evangelist (Episcopal) Church. The…

jpg

image of Twelfth Congregational Church in Boston, ca. 1843 originally printed in the 1843 Boston Almanac as part of a catalog of the churches in Boston at that time The building was sold to St. Joseph Catholic Church in 1862.

jpg

image of Green Street Church in Boston, ca. 1843 originally printed in the 1843 Boston Almanac as part of a catalog of the churches in Boston at that time

jpg

image of Phillips Church in South Boston, ca. 1843 originally printed in the 1843 Boston Almanac as part of a catalog of the churches in Boston at that time The congregation moved several times before disbanding in 2005. At that time they were…

jpg

image of Bulfinch Street Church in Boston, ca. 1843 originally printed in the 1843 Boston Almanac as part of a catalog of the churches in Boston at that time The building was demolished during the construction of the Government Center plaza. The…

jpg

image of St. Paul's Church in Boston, ca. 1843 originally printed in the 1843 Boston Almanac as part of a catalog of the churches in Boston at that time

jpg

image of Essex Street Church in Boston, ca. 1843 originally printed in the 1843 Boston Almanac as part of a catalog of the churches in Boston at that time

jpg

image of the Boston Society of the New Jerusalem, ca. 1843 originally printed in the 1843 Boston Almanac as part of a catalog of the churches in Boston at that time The congregation moved to Bowdoin Street in 1845, and came to be known as "Church…

jpg

image of Second Universalist Church in Boston, ca. 1843 originally printed in the 1843 Boston Almanac as part of a catalog of the churches in Boston at that time The congregation merged with Arlington Street Church in 1935.

jpg

image of St. Matthew's Church in South Boston, ca. 1843 originally printed in the 1843 Boston Almanac as part of a catalog of the churches in Boston at that time