Fashions come and go, even among religious folks. This exhibit honors influential Congregationalists who contributed to the evolution of the Congregational Way, and who also happened to have great facial hair. Learn more about these men, both famous and little-known, and their contributions to Congregational history, then see who our patrons chose as their favorite!
portrait of Rev. Dr. Peter Parker, medical missionary of the American Board to China
- Account of C. Brown from the Brainerd Journal.
- Excerpts from Brainerd Mission journal about Catharine Brown. 1817-1819. | more »
- Letter from Dr. Alexander Campbell containing an account of Catharine Brown's life, 11 February 1824.
Letter to an unknown recipient from Alexander Campbell. Tuscumbia. Feb'y 11, 1824.
Contains an account of the life, virtues, and, missionary service of Catharine Brown. | more »
- Letter from Dr. Alexander Campbell recounting the sickness and death of Catharine Brown, 25 July 1823.
- Letter recounting the sickness and death of Catharine Brown, recipient unknown [probably David Brown, brother of Catharine], from Alexander Campbell. Limestone. July 25, 1823. | more »